Coffee and Reggae

Reggae music is playing in the background as I type this entry inside Mayorga Coffee in Silver Spring. The sandwiches are a bit pricey but they have free wireless and the coffee's pretty good. And I dig the music. Once a week or so they have open mic nights.
One of these days I'll start playing songs at these open mics. I keep listing myself as an "aspiring folk musician" on all these websites so it's about time. There's also College Perk and the Guerrilla Poets (good folks) and probably a bunch more places in the area that have open mics. Then once I build up a good repertoire and figure out my work schedule, I'll see if I can play some shows, perhaps in other cities too.
I'm also planning to audition to play at Potbelly. You know, they have those people who play in 2 or 3 hour shifts while people eat their sandwiches. Nobody really listens, but it'll be a good way to build my chops and make some extra cash (i hear it rules everything around me).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home